Gayle Haggard Releases Memoir titled “Why I Stayed” – Interview with Renee Dallas
The Wounded Unseen
SUPPORT FOR EX-SPOUSES
Ways Others Can Offer Support:
- Listen – It may not seem like much, but it makes a world of difference.
- Encourage – Laugh and cry with us while offering words of wisdom.
- Hug us – It can be awfully lonely at times.
- Don’t appraise our situation too quickly – things are often more complicated than they appear.
- Keep Confidences – The situation can be complex and drawn out over a number of years.
- Be patient – We may repeat the same unanswered questions over and over.
- Prayer, emotional, and financial support – Separation and divorce can be difficult.
- Engage with tangible assistance:
– Assist with help around the home & yard
– A pot luck supper in or an evening out
– A short trip away for a weekend may be the perfect break to reassess the situation
– Watch the kids and maybe do something creative with them